Pages

Saturday 29 October 2016

Bagheera


I saw the new Jungle Book film as soon as it came out, and began this drawing the day after, but due to a house move and a new job I have only recently completed it. In the film, I was so taken by the new rendering of Bagheera (the ultimate hero of The Jungle Book) that I just had to draw him. His mix of grace, bravery, cunning and morality make him by far the most compelling character in a story where the character bar has already been set very high. I used a screen grab from the film as a starting point, and referenced some photos of real panthers to increase the realism.

Unfortunately Blogger is eating some of the quality of this image during the upload. I think it's time that I moved to a new platform. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment