Pages

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Reportage Illustration with Rachel Gannon



On Saturday I took part in a reportage illustration course at the House of Illustration, led by illustrator and educator Rachel Gannon. We spent the afternoon in and around King's Cross Station completing a number of drawing tasks. These included:
  • quick 5 minute continuous line drawings
  • figure drawing
  • drawing a narrative 
  • buildings and grids
It was a really good chance to practice some areas of drawing that I tend to shy away from, such as people. It was also nice to see the work of others and have a very quick and friendly feedback session. It was a bit like being back at university - except without the impending threat of grades! 



I certainly won't be framing any of these, but it was fun to try something different. Below is the only sketch I really liked, which shows some quick scribbles of people I stalked- I mean drew at the station. One thing that really struck me was how many people were on their phones for considerable amounts of time. What is the world coming to!



You can find out more about courses on offer at the House of Illustration here and Rachel Gannon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment