Pages

Sunday 4 January 2015

Winter






It is a truth universally acknowledged that I am not a winter person. Sure, it's pretty enough when it's not raining. And it is fun to curl up by the open fire. But I love being outside. I love drawing in the garden, or exploring the countryside. I like that warmth on my skin after a day outside in the hot sun. 

The picture above is my studio at the moment. Do you see that? That's frost. Pretty to look at, yes. Comfortable to work in, hmm, not so much. So I have moved brushes to my bedroom until the sun returns. 


I've also used the time indoors to reupholster an old nursing chair we have. I've been meaning to do it since we moved in, but couldn't find any fabric I liked. Finally, I found this when I visited Marrakech in November (a search for the sun getaway). It is exactly what I had in mind and I am really pleased with how it turned out.


So until spring arrives, you can find me crossed legged on this, book in hand, dreaming of the sun.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment