Pages

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Update

Those of you who follow me on Twitter (@herwhitehart) will have noticed a lot of my recent posts are tagged #fromthefarmhouse  Why? Because we have moved!

My family are building a brand new house on a plot of land we own, but to afford to do so we had to sell our beautiful Edwardian house in the town where I have grown up. It took nearly six months to exchange and move out, which didn't help my artistic productivity as everything was a bit up in the air, hence few updates since the summer. For a while I really did wonder if we were going to become homeless, as there was nothing to rent in the area that we could either afford or fit in. Then, two weeks before we had to be out of our house, a beautiful Victorian farmhouse just outside of our town appeared on the scene. We moved in at the end of March. Here's a preview:


It's amazingly quirky; it has a lot of good sized rooms, a huge, if somewhat wild, garden, outbuildings, a resident ghost (Eloise, she left her name in the airing cupboard as way of greeting),  but best of all it has space for me to finally have my very own studio. And what a space it is! I'll do a separate post soon to show you all around.

I'm finally getting things in order, and have been having loads of fun buying some new pieces for my (extremely large) room. I've got a few posts planned to show you all what I've been up to so check back really soon. In the meantime you can follow my interior updates on my Pinterest boards, where I post inspiration and recent photos of the two rooms:

Follow Hannah's board Rental Room on Pinterest.Follow Hannah's board Studio on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment