Pages

Friday 4 January 2013

Richard Parker


Have you seen Life of Pi, yet? Or read the book. I highly recommend both. The book is a must read for any bookworm (and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we saw it appear on every A level curriculum.) And the film is pretty true to the book, not to mention stunning. One of the only 3D films I enjoyed.

If you haven't seen or read either, and you don't like spoilers, don't read past this point.

The question is then, which story do you think is true? I've heard good answers for each, and pretty much everyone I've spoken too has a different reasons for which one they believe, but I'm going to stick by my own, because from both the book and film I only saw one way. I believe the story with the tiger. Why? Well, because I've just read/watched that story with my own eyes. It was right there in front  of me, whereas the second story was just told to me second hand. And so it goes with God. My interpretation is this; our world has a beautiful God created history, a wonderful, colourful, inspiring story that is so awesome some find it hard to believe and look for a more 'plausible' explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment