Pages

Thursday 25 August 2011

Jonah

"But the LORD provided a great fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was inside the fish three days and three nights."
Jonah 1: 17

Have you ever shirked your responsibilities? Run away from your work? Hidden from uncomfortable situations that you fear to face? Jonah did. I do too. I find excuses, procrastinate, get easily distracted... But when Jonah did finally step up to the plate, he had good results, he shouldn't have been so afraid in the first place. And maybe we shouldn't either. We need to stop putting things off, and embrace them instead. So today, be brave. 


"The engulfing waters threatened me,
the deep surrounded me;
seaweed was wrapped around my head. 

To the roots of the mountains I sank down;
the earth beneath barred me in forever.
But you brought my life up from the pit,
Oh LORD my God. "
Jonah 2: 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment